Update on writing process

November 6, 2016 | | 1 Comment

The thesis of my third paper is Advertising sexualized young girls is an effective marketing strategy but publishing them visually to the public can cause adverse effects. I have been looking at disturbing posters evaluating which one has the most things I can talk about, regarding colors, positions, etc. There were lots of books written and excellent review/summary of the books about media and Lolli written by Doctors, in google scholar. There were only a few on the One search. I’ve always been taught to read the secondary resource and write sentences that might be useful on another sheet of paper. Writing everything in bullet points was a lot of writing, and it was hard to organize them. So instead, I highlighted specific sentences for evidence. Then, I wrote on the side which paragraph/idea it can be on. I’ve always had the issue with structuring the paper and trying to squeeze in the evidence. This was extremely helpful when I organized my paper. So far, I have two pages of the first draft due Monday. I’m still figuring out which poster to choose as a primary source.

6557239_pop-this-how-the-dance-industry-caters_3f30815f_marticle-american-1214

_Naying Liu

Comments

1 Comment so far

1.    minjigwon47 on November 8, 2016 11:53 pm

Hi Naying, your essay seems really interesting since your primary source is the advertisements. It looks like you’re struggling with selecting the primary source between two posters. hope you to make a better decision!
    I love how you tried to organize your essay through highlighting important sentences for evidence.

Name (required)

Email (required)

Website

Speak your mind

• ADD USER

If you want to add yourself to this blog, please log in.